Fashion Institute of Technology
State University of New York, NY
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree, Accessories Design
Associate of Applied Science Degree, Textile Development & Marketing
Summa Cum Laude, Dean’s List, Cumulative GPA: 3.79
Tapestry, Inc Brands, New York, NY
Coach, Stuart Weitzman, Kate Spade
Director, 3D Technical Design, Product Visualiz. Team, August 2018- Current
Sr. Manager, 3D Technical Design, Product Visualiz. Team, October 2014 - August 2018
Sr. Manager, Hardware Development, August 2010 - October 2014
Manager, Hardware Development, November 2008 - August 2010
- Currently managing the hardware and jewelry modeling and protoyping team, on the Product Visualization Team (PVT).
- Solely responsible for the advanced development/3D modeling/3D printing of hardware and jewelry components developed company wide. Conceptualize and engineer new hardware developments through regular consultations with design team, coordination with global engineering and PD partners to determine finished good product needs/challenges.
- Worked closely with Stuart Vevers to 3D model and develop full line of hardware components for his Fall 2014 Women’s Retail handbag launch; hardware which continues to be utilized on current product.
- Was responsible for selecting raw material suppliers suited for new developments and assume role as primary point person for development, design review and QA testing through pre-production. Managed approximately $70K/year in hardware sampling.
- Supervised direct reports and oversaw all hardware developments for select handbag design teams, Women’s Footwear, Gloves, Keyfobs and Pet Accessories.
- Was solely responsible for technical development of all hardware used in Poppy collection (2009 launch) and Legacy collection (2012 collection) for Women’s Full Price Handbags at Coach. On average, developed 200-300 new items per year across 20+ raw material suppliers.
Streetsmart Designs, New York, NY
Manager, Product Development, November 2007 - November 2008
Assistant Manager, Product Development, April 2006 - November 2007
- Handled private label accounts including Theory, Tory Burch, Anthropologie, Uggs Australia, Ralph Lauren Home. Co-managed Michael Kors, Kate/Jack Spade, Oscar de la Renta and Rebecca Minkoff.
- Communicated with overseas factories, material/hardware suppliers, and leather tanneries to coordinate production materials to factory and development/delivery of samples.
- Reviewed samples with customers, rework as needed, approve final designs, then organized all components of production; including production and delivery schedules, bulk material approvals from customers, packing, shipping and importing.
We Dream In Colour (.com), Brooklyn, NY
Co-founder/Designer, August 2004 - June 2006
- Co-launched a successful website www.wedreamincolour.com featuring handmade jewelry and accessories that remains in operation today.
- Was responsible for jewelry design, production, and website development; including product photography and editing, creative copy, and website maintenance.
- Contacted buyers and editors locally and nationally to promote web site and products via magazine editorials, gift shows, and distribution to small boutiques within the U.S.
- Rhino 5.0
- T-Splines (for Rhino)
- Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel and Word
- 3D technical design/modeling in Rhino 5.0 and t-splines for Rhino.
- Post-processing, sculpting and rendering (Mudbox & Keyshot)
- 3D printing knowledge, model requirements and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of manufacturing process for zinc die-casting, brass sheetmetal stamping and wire-forming.
- Handbag construction/pattern-making knowledge.
- Creates custom workshops and design hacks for Tinkercad. Available for teaching.